Power Recipe: Sweet Potato – Tuna MashPosted: November 24, 2013
Ok, diet isn’t my specialty, but here is a tasty concoction I’ve developed that is easy to throw together, tastes phenomenal, and is a great balance of carb and protein. It makes for a powerful lunch on your heavy lifting days!
- 5 oz canned tuna
- 1/2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 slice bacon (hey, I’m a powerlifter, be happy it’s not a donut!)
- Fry up bacon over medium high and drain off bacon grease
- Add potatoes and onions. Cook 15-20 minutes until sweet potatoes are cooked through and softened.
- Add spinach and tuna and continue cooking until spinach is fully cooked
If you want a leaner option, you can remove the bacon, or replace it with turkey bacon.